The Government Childhood Obesity Plan has set out the ambition for all children to achieve 60 minutes of physical activity every day, with schools being responsible for delivering 30 of these active minutes. Here at Gorsewood we are commited to going above and beyond the statutory 30 minutes and so have several initiatives in place.
- We encourage, where possible children to walk or cycle to and from school.
- We have breakfast, lunctime and after achool clubs available to develop levels of activity through games and sport.
- All children recieve a minimum of 2 hours timetables PE lessons per week.
- Children are encouraged to complete their Daily Mile activity for at least 15 minutes per day.
- Where possible staff are encouraged to plan short bursts of sctive learning into their daily planning to ensure children are not spending too much time sedentary.
If parents have any other ideas or would like to find out more please get in contact with your child's class teacher.