Purpose of study from the National Curriculum
A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires/motivates all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as determination,perseverance, endurance, fairness and respect.
To ensure that all pupils will benefit from an exciting, broad,balanced and differentiated curriculum that is matched appropriately to their ages, abilities and aptitudes. Ensuring the progressive development of PE knowledge and skills and for pupils to develop a love of physical education. Supporting the development of their agility, co-ordination and balance in a range of increasingly challenging activities and situations. We will help our pupils become physically active and support them in understanding the importance of physical activity in promoting a healty, active life.
- Use of End Point Curriculum to keep outcomes focussed and clear.
- Work alongside Premier Sport.org in the delivery and enhancement of the National Curriculm for PE.
- To teach children about safety when they are near water and to teach all our KS2 children to swim and to save a life.
- The National Curriculum will underpin our teaching and learning for our PE sessions.
- Our pupils will be taught to apply and develop a broad range of skills , learming how to use them in different ways and transfer them to different situations/activities.
- Our pupils will master a range of basic movements as well as developing balance,agility and co-ordination,skills in playing team and competative games and apply these to a range of activities/situations through active and engaging lessons.
Through our physical education curriculum pupils will increase their understanding of how to develop and improve their knowledge,skills and understanding of physical education in different physical activities and sports and learn how to evaluate and recognise their own success. They will enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing with each other as they exercise their bodies and build their skills. They will develop and love and interest of PE and those sportsmen and women who have shape/shaped the world we live in.
At Gorsewood we are lucky to have Premier Sport working alongside the school to support the delivery and enhancement of the National Curriculum for PE.
They supply structured lesson plans with specific learning outcomes that address all sporting and physical activity areas. All professionals who deliver lessons within the curriculum also provide an individual child assessment of learning progress.
Here at Gorsewood we pride ourselves in the vast range of activities we have on offer both through lessons and as extra curricular activities. The links below take you to just a few of the pages showcasing P.E. At Gorsewood.